AboutThe 2022 STD Prevention Virtual Conference, scheduled for September 19-22, brings together international leading researchers with government experts, clinical STD care providers, and state and local public health administrators. Join more than 1,200 conference attendees for four days of scientific updates and cutting-edge sessions on science, program and policy.
What is a virtual conference?A virtual conference is an event hosted entirely over the internet, allowing remote attendees to access live and pre-recorded sessions and events from their computers. Attendees participate through a website designed specifically for a virtual conference experience. This website is where participants will watch sessions streamed live and engage in sessions by asking questions and commenting in real time.
In addition to the live events, the Virtual Conference includes discussion forums, an Exhibit Hall, networking opportunities, a conference resource center, the ability to search for and chat with other conference attendees, and other features specifically designed to give virtual attendees the same opportunity to learn and engage with the presenters.
You're bound to love the benefits of attending a virtual conference!
- Convenient. Listen to sessions whenever and wherever, as often as you want! Even get your team together to watch a session or two (note: only registered attendees have access to all of the other meeting tools).
- Comprehensive. Get relevant, timely information and techniques. The short, 1-hour sessions will easily fit in your schedule!
- Effortless. Sit back, listen to the presentations, participate in live Q&As and discussion threads, connect with other meeting attendees, and earn CEs.
Plus, you'll have access to all of this without the hassle and expense of travel. All you need is a device with Internet access.
This online conference includes:
- Live presentations. Each day of the conference, a new live session will take place. Unlike in-person conferences with concurrent sessions, you can "attend" all of them! All live presentations will be recorded, so don't stress if you miss one!
- Live Q&A during live presentations. At the end of each presentation, you can interact directly with presenters during the live Q&A.
- Recorded lectures. available on demand while the conference is in session. Unlike in-person conferences with concurrent sessions, you can "attend" all the lectures!
- Discussion thread related to each session. Post your comments and questions, and get reactions from other conference participants and presenters.
- Handouts and other resources. Download and print or save handouts from all the sessions, as well as related resource documents.
- Networking opportunities. Post a professional profile and find others with similar professional interests and specialties.
Event InformationSeptember 19-22, 2022
Important DatesMay 2, 2022
Call for Late-Breaker Abstracts Now Open
Abstract Selection Notification to be Sent
June 15, 2022
Nominations for ASTDA Distinguished Career Award and the Jack N. Spencer Award Due
For full details, contact: ASTDA awards
July 27, 2022
Late-Breaker Abstract Selection Notification to be Sent