Frequently Asked Questions
Will my property be pre-billed the convention registration fee?Yes, in accordance with Best Western Rules & Regulations 500.50 every member property is automatically billed a non-refundable $805.00 registration fee, whether an attendee attends the Convention or not.
How does the registration pre-bill work?In accordance with Best Western Rules & Regulations 500.50 every property in the system is automatically billed a non-refundable $805.00 registration fee, the month prior to Convention. However, if you are going to attend the convention you still need to complete the registration online on or before Monday, Oct. 10 or you will be assessed the $200.00 late/onsite registrant fee. When completing this online registration, you will not be billed again. If you register more than one person, those additional registrants will be billed on your statement following Convention at the applicable registration fee.
By registering online, am I also reserving a hotel room?No. By registering for Convention you are not reserving a hotel room. You must complete the registration process before reserving a room.
How can I avoid paying an additional $200.00 for my registration?
- By registering ONLINE on or before Monday, Oct. 10, you will avoid the late/onsite fees.
- After Monday, Oct. 10, a $200.00 late/onsite fee is incurred in addition to the pre-billed ($805.00) registration fee for each attendee from a property.
- Fees increase to $1005.00 for any additional attendees from the same property that registers late/onsite.
No one from my property will be attending the Convention, why is my property being billed?In accordance with Best Western Rules & Regulations 500.50 every property in the system is automatically billed a non-refundable $805.00 registration fee, whether an attendee registers for the conference or not.
Will the convention registration/hotel reservation deadline dates change?The convention registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 10 and the housing deadline for the conference hotels is Friday, Oct. 7.Make sure to register early as the housing blocks may sell out before the cutoff date of Friday, Oct. 7.
How can I cancel my registration and will I receive a refund?To cancel your registration, send an email to the bwconferences desk at email@example.com. Please include the registrant name, property name, and property number of the registrant cancelling.
In accordance with Best Western Rules & Regulations 500.50 every property in the system is automatically billed a non-refundable $805.00 registration fee in September. If you are the only person attending from your property and you cancel, your registration fee will not be refunded.
Additional registrations will be refunded only if the cancellation is received prior to Monday, Oct. 10. No-shows will also be billed.
Do I need to contact the hotel to cancel my hotel reservation?Yes, you will need to contact the hotel directly to cancel your hotel room reservations.
What if I purchased tickets for a social event associated with the Convention?If you still wish to attend the social event, your ticket purchase will remain in place. If you plan on cancelling and have social event tickets, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Oct. 10 to cancel and receive a full refund for the social event tickets only. If you cancel after Monday, Oct. 10, then a 50% refund will be given for social tickets only.
How do I register for a pre/post optional workshop?You will need to go to the member portal, log into BWI University, click on the Library book icon, then click on 2022 Convention
If I register for a pre/post optional workshop, does it also register me for the 2022 Best Western Annual Convention?No, it does not. You will need to make sure to register for the 2022 Annual Convention as well on the website.
What if I registered for an optional workshop?You will receive additional information as it gets closer to the meeting. If you need to cancel your registration for the pre/post optional workshops, please email email@example.com
What are the health and safety protocols in Cleveland?Currently, there are no restrictions at this time. Will keep everyone updated if guidelines change.
When should I plan to arrive in Cleveland, Ohio?
- Convention attendees should reference the agenda to determine the best arrival and departure dates.
- There will be additional optional workshops on Thursday, Oct. 27, the morning of Friday, Oct. 28, and on Monday, Oct. 31 and Tuesday, Nov. 1 and go to the agenda tab for more details.
- The official start of the Convention is Friday, Oct. 28. Please go to the agenda tab for more details regarding education sessions and the Trade Show opening at 10 a.m.
- The Convention will officially conclude on Sunday, Oct. 30 with the dinner & entertainment event.
What are the attendance requirements for Best Western hotels?General Manager Attendance Requirement
500.58 Each Best Western Property is required to assign and maintain a full time General Manager, empowered, responsible, and accountable for the daily operations of the Property. The General Manager shall attend either the Annual Convention or a District Meeting each year.
Property Meeting Attendance
500.11 A Member or designated operating manager or active management employee of each Best Western Property shall attend either the Annual Convention or a District Meeting each year.
Accordingly, based on Rule 500.11, only one of the individuals designated must attend Convention or a District Meeting. These individuals could be the owner, voting member or any other active member of the property’s management team.
Please note that photo identification is required to obtain all Convention badges/credentials from the Convention registration desk.
Attendees are NOT permitted to pick up badges for other Convention attendees.
How do I earn General Manager Continuing Education Credits at Convention?
- General Managers will earn ONE General Manager Continuing Education (GM CE) point for attending the 2022 Best Western Annual Convention.
- Your BWI University username/Memberweb ID must be provided at the time of registration to credit your account.
- You must check in at the Best Western Convention registration desk and provide photo identification in order to receive your badge. Once you have checked in onsite, record of your attendance will be provided to the Best Western Education & Training Department.
- Full day workshops held before or after Convention, may also be eligible for GM CE points. Classes that are worth CE points are noted in program descriptions on the convention website and mobile app.
- For more information regarding how to earn GM CE points, please refer to the Education & Training Department tab on [mybestwestern.com] [http://mybestwestern.com] or login to www.bwiuniversity.com and visit the BWI Leadership learning track.